Sunday 30 September 2012

Barefoot Walk Postponed

If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know I had planned to be walking barefoot last weekend up Cornwall's two highest peaks, Rough Tor and Brown Willy. Unfortunately a trip to visit family the week before resulted in just about everyone we came in contact with passing on the dreaded lurgy. I rather jokingly asked on facebook who was to blame (you have to have someone to blame don't you?) and they were falling over themselves to take the credit for it! The most likely suspects are my grandchildren, and as they are both under two the plans we had for doing something drawn out and painful to the guilty party had to be shelved. Where's the fun in suffering if you can't plan your revenge?
 
As it was, instead of feeling the cool earth beneath my feet on what turned out to be a beautiful autumn day (perfect walking weather), I was alternately shivering and baking while simultaneously feeling like I'd been run over by a bus. Repeatedly. My nose ran like a tap and even my finger tips ached, but I think I got off lightly compared to Andy. I could still function, even if I did feel bloody awful doing it, poor Andy spent the best part of a week wrapped up in a blanket with a hot water bottle. And that was before our boiler packed up leaving us with no heating or hot water! All in all it was a miserable week :(
 
I haven't given up though. I will still be doing this challenge, I had really been looking forward to it. It does give me time to plan it better though, and drum up some more support. I was so keen to get on with it that I didn't give myself a lot of time to raise money (which is the whole point, afterall) so maybe the delay is for the best. I may even be brave and increase the distance! We'll see...
 
The new date is still to be confirmed, so watch this space. I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment